If there would be just 1 detox that I could recommend to you, it would be the 7 day juice detox by Jason Vale (iPhone & Android app also available). There are tons of benefits and reasons why you should take on a juice detox yourself. I’ve completed the juice detox again last week, as you might have noticed on my personal Instagram account. Today, I’ve listed the 10 most important learnings. I’ve turned these into reasons why you should do one too.
Trust me, I’m not exaggerating, bragging or trying to sell something. I’m genuinely just trying to convince you to start your best and healthiest year ever, by taking on this challenge: the 7 lbs in 7 days juice detox!
Why? 10 reasons:
- You’ll feel like your high on vitamins and life. Seriously. This is something I experienced every time I took on this juice detox.
- You’ll look better. If you have some extra fat on your body, you’ll lose some pounds. Who doesn’t want that?
- Your body will be thanking you for all those easy accessible nutrients: your stomach will be flatter & your skin will glow.
- Your mind will burst with creative ideas. The body has less to do (less digestive work), this gives you brain time to flourish. Really!
- It’s easy. Yes, you heard me. The app contains handy shopping lists and videos. The book has a great week planner.
- The recipes are DELICIOUS. I’m quite picky with recipes. Every single recipe is well proportioned and so tasty!
- It’s cheap (in my opinion). I did my groceries for a week in once (all organic!) and I spend 35 euros (47 dollars/28 pounds).
- You’ll be able to get back on track again. Whatever you want to accomplish: working out more, eating healthier or taking on yoga classes again. After this week, you’ll be ready for it. Juice detoxing is like a reset to your body.
- It gives you lot’s of ‘me’ time. You’ll have to skip dinners and other social events. See this as something good. Take a long bath, meditate. Read a book. Go for a walk. Enjoy this ‘me’ time!
- It will be your own personal challenge and experiment: what is your body capable of? Not eating for a week? Nourishing your body with vitamins and superfoods? How will you feel? Just imagine… If thousand’s of others can do it, you can do it.
What are you waiting for? Go get ’em and let me know how you feel afterwards!
Going on a juice detox is safe as long as you listen to your body. You can feel nauseous, or fatigue, and it can cause you to miss out on other much-needed nutrients like fiber and protein. This is why I tend to tweak the recipes a little by adding superfoods, kiwi, more avocado, kale & bananas to the smoothies. Also keep in mind that whatever benefits you experience during those few days of your detox diet will go away if you revert back to old unhealthy eating habits. I also strongly recommend you to take on some light exercising during your detox – Yoga, walking or jogging. So, the most important advice I can give you summed up:
Listen to your body, rest if you need to and eat if you feel like eating. Choose wisely though; an avocado, some nuts, beans or raw veggies. Also, take on a healthy diet (or continue with it) after your juice detox. Ease your body into ‘eating’ again: choose soups, salads and light meals. Take on a light yoga practise daily or every other day. Give yourself lot’s of ME time and enjoy the changes you feel in your body.