A couple of weeks ago I discovered the ‘smoothie breakfast bowl’ for the first time through the Instagram account of blogger Luise from Green Kitchen Stories (this photo, to be precise). It’s really simple and I was surprised that I’ve never thought of this before: make your smoothie slightly thicker and put it in a bowl with some fresh fruit and your favourite superfoods. That’s it! Healthy, simple, delicious and ready within 3 minutes.
- 200 ml almond milk (home made or unsweetened)
- 3 handsful frozen blueberries, raspberries & blackberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbs acai powder
- 1 handful fresh fruit
- 2 tbs Pompoenies (or your own home made nut mix*)
- 2 tbs Power Blend from Tess Organic (or your own superfoods mix**)
Blend the almond milk with the frozen berries & banana. Add the acai powder and blend untill smooth. Pour into a bowl and add fresh fruit, nut mix & superfoods mix. Done. Enjoy!!
For my Dutch followers, be sure to check my Dutch blog too – it has a Tess Organic give away! Sorry for my international followers (sad face).. In the future, I’ll try to collaborate with international organic brands as much as possible :).
* This mix can be created by mixing pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes and roast these in your oven, lowest temperature, with some coconut oil & palm sugar)
** This mix can be created by mixing coconut flakes, cacao nibs, chia seeds, acai powder, guarana syrup, maca powder, vanilla powder & palm sugar)