It’s that time of the year again. That time of the year where you realise you need to start saving money and cut your spendings. At least, for me it is. Now, I’m not the person to cut my spendings on food, but I kind of have to. I have to make smarter choices. That’s why I’m introducing a new blog category: healthy on a budget!
Are you looking for an easy & cheap lunch, that you can take to your work or school? This quick salad is perfect! Put the salad in a jar and take it with you as a lunch or enjoy it after yoga – as a light late night dinner. The recipe is really simple and it’s ready within 3 minutes. For one serving you’ll need:
- 1/2 avocado
- 200 gr / 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 chilli pepper
- 10 hazelnuts (crushed)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- Spices: Pepper, salt, cumin seeds & cayenne powder
1. Put the chickpeas in a bowl (rinse them with water when you use chickpeas from a can or jar)
2. Cut the avocado and chilli pepper into small pieces and add them to the bowl
3. Add the lemon juice, crushed hazelnuts & fresh mint leaves
4. Stirr, add a pinch of salt & pepper, a dash of cumin seeds and maybe even some cayenne powder
Done! Easy, quick and cheap (about €2,50 / $3,50). Healthy on a budget :).