Banana bread with superfoods. Vegan. Gluten free. No added sugar. Delicious. Need I say more? Well, just a little;
- This bread is sweetened with the natural fruit sugars in banana and dates.
- Enjoy this for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.
- It’s really simple to make! Follow the steps. Easy as that.
The basic recipe comes from the breakfast e-book of ‘The Green Girls’ (de groene meisjes in Dutch). Find it here. These girls are are two awesome Dutch vegan bloggers living in Amsterdam!
What do you need for one banana bread?
- 5 big bananas
- 2 cups of oats (grind them in your blender)
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1 tbs vanille extract
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup white almonds and 150 ml water (or 120 ml almond milk)
- 1 ts cinnamon powder
- 1/2 lemon
- A little bit of coconut oil
And you need these tools:
- 1 tin (standard size)
- 1 mortar
- Oven (preheat at 180 degrees celsius)
Simply follow these steps:
- Mix the grinded oats with cinnamon, all the raisins, 1/2 cup goji berries and baking powder.
- Mix the dates in your blender with the vanille extract, almonds and water – blend smooth.
- Mash – work with your hands – the 4 bananas in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir these mixes together in a big bowl using a wooden spoon (oats, dates, banana). This is your ‘dough’.
- Use the mortar to grind the pistachios and walnuts.
- Add these nuts (but keep a little bit aside) to the mix.
- Add the zest of the 1/2 lemon to the mix.
- Add 1/2 cup of goji berries to your mortar and mix with the nuts. This is your topping.
- Use the coconut oil to grease the inside of your tin.
- Spoon the banana bread ‘dough’ in the tin and make it look smooth.
- Cut the left banana into pieces and put these on top (keep a few pieces aside).
- Add the nuts topping and put the left banana pieces on top.
- Put the banana bread in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Wait and let it cool before you cut it…
- Lovely with maple syrup or home made banana jam!
Enjoy! Like I said, it’s really easy to make. Good luck and let me know if you like it? Tag your photos on Instagram or Twitter with #rosaliesrecipes so I’ll be able to find, would looovvee that 😀