One of my all time favourites – especially in the morning because the ginger really wakes you up. Use a big chunk of ginger to make it nice and spicy! Ginger is good for many things…
8 healing benefits of ginger
- Haven’t been feeling hungry? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
- Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
- Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
- Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
- Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps? Munch on ginger.
- Joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil in your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
- Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion.
- Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (Ayurvedic healers credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties)
What do you need for this juice? Preferably a slow juicer, 2 apples, 4 carrots and a big chunk of ginger. Put it all in your slow juicer and enjoy your wake up juice ;).