Until a few weeks ago, pancakes didn’t really do it for me. An unhealthy mix of milk, sugar, butter, flower & a bunch of unhealthy toppings – no thanks. Michelle from the Facebook page Studentenvoer however inspired me to make healthy banana pancakes. Yes, they are as tasty as they look and trust me – it’s super easy to make. I twisted the recipe a little, enjoy 🙂
Batter for 4 pancakes
- banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbs whole oats
- 1 ts pumpkin spice
- 1 ts peanut butter (or pb2)
- 30 ml almond milk
- ½ banana
- 2 tbs cottage cheese / coconut yogurt
- Stir all the ingredients for the batter in a bowl to combine. Batter should be thick.
- Heat up a good pan and add 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- Make small pancakes (about 1/3 cup batter for each one), and with each new pancake add coconut oil in the pan.
- When all 4 are ready, serve with 1 tbs of peanutbutter and 2 tbs of cottage cheese / coconut yogurt
- Add fresh fruit and superfoods!
This meal is perfect for breakfast, but also serves as a good pre work out meal. Just eat two about 1,5 hours before you’re hitting the road/box/gym. They are really filling.