Who doesn’t love french toast? Too bad that it isn’t really healthy, unless you replace the unhealthy ingredients with healthy ones. In this healthy version I used unsweetened almond milk, no sugar, coconut oil and good artisan multi grain spelt bread. Perfect breakfast!
What do you need for one portion?
- 2 thick slices of multi grain bread
- 100 ml almond milk
- 1 ts grounded cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 kiwi
- 1 banana
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- optional: honey
This is how you make it
- Whisk the egg, almond milk and cinnamon in a bowl
- Soak the slices of bread in the mixture for about 20 seconds per slice
- Heat up the coconut oil in a pan, bake the french toast until golden brown on both sides within 5 minutes
- Cut the banana and kiwi into pieces
- Serve the french toast with fresh fruit, a pinch of cinnamon and honey
Sign up for my FREE digital magazine!
Register for free ↠ here ↞ to receive my monthly digital magazine! Get healthy recipes, delicious meal plans, tips & tricks and more right into your e-mail inbox.
» Follow my blog on Bloglovin ❤